Tuesday 10 April 2012

Kuala Besut (April 9)

No big deal, just a stopover at the tiny and spotless coastal town Kuala Besut, opposite to the Perhentian Islands. I missed the minibus service to Taman Negara National Park, so had to stay there for one night. I used the time for eating (a lot cheaper than on the island) and sleeping, what else! Just a note in the margin: I finished reading the "Magic Mountain", it took me 7 weeks! I can definitely recommend it! Thanks Vero for the tip!

I have finally arrived at the entrance gate to Taman Negara National Park after a long bus ride. They say it's the oldest rainforest in the world. I am really confused about this information as I think all primary rainforests should have more or less the same age. On the other hand it doesn't surprise me that a country where 95% of the rainforest (referring to Peninsula Malaysia) has been replaced by settlements or palm oil plantations must do some marketing for the remaining spots.

Also I booked my flights to Japan, it's now official!

No comments:

Post a Comment