Tuesday 17 January 2012

Bangkok (January 17)

Today was kind of boring. I woke up very late and didn’t go to the big palace at the end (the main highlight in Bangkok). Now that’s the plan for tomorrow. Instead I did some sight-seeing in the north of the city (another temple and another palace). I did some parts of the itinerary walking and took an involuntary shower on the way. I thought it was dry season and wasn’t prepared in terms of clothing. I found provisory shelter under a tree (yes there are some trees here) and resisted all the taxi and tuk-tuk offerings. I thought that heavy rainfall is not the best starting position for me to negotiate the price.

To be honest, I am looking forward to leaving the city. For urban-loving people and those who like endless party it’s great but not for nature-loving people like me. Even parks turned out to have no trees! For tonight I found someone to hook up with, so at least I can spend a nice evening with some Chan beer in one of the countless open-air bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment