Saturday 17 March 2012

Chiang Mai (March 15)

The last weeks I was dreaming of eating a burger with fries but I resisted the temptation because it didn’t seem coherent to go to McDonalds or Burger King in a country with such fantastic food like Thailand. Finally at Bangkok’s airport there was an opportunity. At airports food is always expensive so it didn’t make a difference going to McDonalds or having local food. Furthermore there was free Wi-Fi so the choice was easy. As a big surprise, the Big Mac tasted like everywhere in the world. It is like you had never eaten anything else in your life, food without soul.

When I left the airport building in Chiang Mai, I had this great experience of a different climate. It was a great relief compared to Bangkok – hot, but not humid and the sky was blue! I shared a taxi with two French and found a nice German run guest house in the centre. I really like Chiang Mai, the people are amazingly friendly and life is so relaxed – what a contrast to Bangkok’s big city madness! I used the evening for going to the barber and eating at the town’s abundant food stalls. I am so slim that I really have to gain weight. Chiang Mai is the perfect place!

No comments:

Post a Comment