Monday 26 March 2012

Pai & Chiang Mai (March 25-26)

Bye Thailand! It has been a great time with you! I am sad because Thailand is the ideal place to travel with an impressive cultural heritage, nice people, great food and also because it is so easy to meet people here. I really enjoyed my stay and who knows if I come back one day!

Tomorrow I fly to Malaysia. I’m really curious because it’s a different culture and also a different climate zone – 100% tropical. Let’s see how I come along with humidity and daily rainfalls.

My last days in Pai were very similar to the previous days, so I won’t go into details. Only one thing: the rats the French girl was talking about (see previous blog entries) really exist; I have seen them in my bamboo hut last night! I finished my stay yesterday evening in a very Pai-authentic way, that means going to a reggae bar. The offered songs from the funny little band were “No woman, no cry”, “Redemption song” and “Buffalo soldier” – in an infinite loop. They suddenly stopped playing in order to get some alcoholic “refreshments” and I think they never got back to their instruments. We left earlier.

This evening I will enjoy Thai food for the last time here in Chiang Mai, go to bed early and have a 6 am wake up tomorrow. I have an appointment with Borja from Madrid (I met him in Pai). Let’s see if he is there. He was quite surprised when I told him that I don’t use a mobile phone. He seriously asked me how I can make appointments with people without a mobile phone. I told him that in the classical way (from the old times before everyone had a mobile phone), that means agreeing a place and a time. It’s so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment